Resolution to Declare Climate Emergency in the Town of Arlington
The warrant article text:
Municipal Declarations of Climate Emergency
Governor Baker's Climate Bill Amendments
On Feb. 7, Governor Baker sent the Next Generation Climate Bill (S. 9) back to the legislature with amendments.
MCAN has four asks of the Legislature when they reconsider the bill.
1) Keep the Environmental Justice language proposed by Governor Baker.
2) Keep the original Net Zero stretch code language in S.9
3) Keep clarifications made by the Baker Administration that the new stretch code code is opt-in only and should be incorporated into the base code by 2028.
4) Keep the original emissions reduction targets in S.9
MCAN has updated its
Be a Climate Leader.
Gov. Charlie Baker still is not on board with the climate policy bill overwhelmingly passed by the Legislature twice in about a month, but this time he has sent it back with proposed amendments he says would make the legislation more palatable.
Update: the Climate Bill, S.9, is already back on Gov. Baker's desk for signature.
(1) Please thank are legislators for moving so fast at the start of the new legislative session
(2) Ask Gov. Baker to sign S.9 by Super Bowl Sunday