Public meeting -- all are welcome. Please join us.
The full agenda is here.
To attend the meeting: register here
Agenda for Wednesday, March 16, 2022
- Native American Land acknowledgement: https://native-land.ca/
- DOER Draft Specialized Stretch Code (Stretch code update and new, opt-in Net Zero Stretch Code) - written comments deadline extended to March 18, 5 pm
- Vote: will Sustainable Arlington vote to sign the MA NZB Coalition_DOER Stretch Code Straw Proposal Comment Letter supporting a strong Net Zero Stretch Code?
- Advocates Guide to Net Zero Stretch Code
- How to submit written comments on the Net Zero Stretch Code
- Zero Waste Arlington’s Warrant Article to regulate single-use plastic water bottles. Sustainable Arlington is being asked to vote on supporting it.
- Quiet, Healthy Arlington’s Warrant Article to regulate gas-powered leaf blowers. Sustainable Arlington is being asked to vote on supporting it.
- Arlington Community Electricity: next contract before the Select Board on March 21. Hear from Arlington Mothers Out Front about the need to raise the default level of local renewable energy in the new contract.
- EcoWeek, April 22 - May 7
- Arts and environment: new education and outreach opportunities, Cecily Miller::
- ArtsArlington's spring Artist-in-Residence Kari Percival is working with the community to create "There's No Place Like Home," an ecology activism education campaign centered on six original poster designs.
- Arlington Heights Spring Fling Festival, May 21 (rain date, May 22)
- Save the Alewife Brook update: MWRA is Dumping Belmont’s Sewage into Alewife Brook and Door Hanger, Please Don’t Flush When It Rains
- Sustainable Middlesex, Carbon Countdown 2022, “Reaching Beyond the Choir,” Sat., March 26, 9:30 -11:30 am, Details and registration. Virtual event, free and open to the public.
- Planning Department
Next meeting: Wed., April 20, 7:30-9 pm.
Check out: Mass. Climate Action Network podcast: Climate Minute, https://massclimateaction.podbean.com/