Sustainable Arlington monthly meetings are open to the public.
All are welcome.
We invite discussion of environmental and climate issues affecting Arlington and its residents.
We are now meeting on Zoom.
Please register in advance.
Date: Wednesday, February 24, 2021
Time: 7:30 – 9:00 pm
Location: Virtual Meeting by Zoom
Registration required link: https://town-arlington-ma-us.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJUpd-6urjsqH9H5teaWs07aJs-kcEaqvzjC
*Notice to the Public on meeting privacy* In the interests of preventing abuse of videoconferencing technology (i.e. Zoom Bombing) all participants, including members of the public, wishing to engage via the Zoom App must register for each meeting and will notice multi-step authentication protocols. Please allow additional time to join the meeting. Further, members of the public who wish to participate without providing their name may still do so by telephone dial-in information provided above.
If you have not used Zoom before, please join the meeting 5 to 10 minutes early.
Agenda for February 24, 2021
- Update from Planning Dept.
- Approve January minutes,read here: SusArl. 1.27.2021.DRAFT Minutes
- Zero Waste Arlington: No Plastic Please campaign
- Proposed warrant article discussion: Pre-construction Rodent Survey and Pest Management, by Elaine Crowder
- State climate and energy legislation update
- Governor Baker’s response to legislation
- Report out: MCAN chapter meeting update: better buildings campaign, Clean energy plan 2030, legislative update
- Environmental Justice at a local level- where do we go from here?
- Pollinator update
- Mystic Charles Pollinator Pathways
- Pesticide and Pollinator legislation
- Green team pollinator gardens
- Vote: Request to give a $200 from Sustainable Arlington funds (held by MCAN) to Mass Pollinator Network, NOFA/Mass. This statewide program, now under development, will include a half-time coordinator position, with salary to be covered through fundraising. One third of the funds have been raised.
- Alewife study group Mugar wetlands: Update
- Net Zero Pathways and Opportunities/Biden-Harris Administration: Prospects for Community Climate Action: Update
- Brainstorming an on-line EcoFest: theme, session topics, presenters, event planners, date(s)
- New business
- Rep. Sean Garballey has been named Chairperson for the House Committee on Global Warming and Climate Change
- Please take the Town Survey. Deadline, March 1: www.arlingtonma.gov/survey
- The Mass Power Forward Coalition, Virtual Lobby Day, Thurs., March 4, 3-6 pm. Advocating for Environmental Justice legislative priorities, 100% Renewable Energy, and the Mass Renews Build Jobs and Justice Act. Sign up by March 1, 12 pm.
- Sustainable Middlesex, Carbon Countdown 2021, Sat., March 13, 9:30-11:30 am. Register in advance.
- Zero Carbon Home webinar with David Green, April 8, 7:30-9 pm.
- Climate XChange, State Climate Policy Network, recent webinar recordings, https://climate-xchange.org/scpn-deep-dives/
○ The Road to 100% Renewable Energy, Feb. 16
○ The Power of Labor in a Green Economy, Jan. 12