Friday, December 04, 2020, 08:00am - 04:00pm
Hits : 92
Online Virtual Class/Workshop/Conference
On December 4th, we invite you to spend a day reconnecting with familiar plants, learning about new plant options, exploring garden insects, and reconsidering our relationship to plants. Five experts will invite us to examine different attributes, uses, and values of plants and the insects that inhabit our gardens.
Innovative tools and interactive collaborations will ensure that this online conference provides participants with an engaging and inspiring experience.
1. How to Grow Food Anywhere, Dan Jaffe Wilder, Horticulturalist and Propagator, Norcross Wildlife Sanctuary and the staff photographer; author of Native Plants for New England Gardens
2. Garden Insects: Good Bug? Bad Bug? Who’s Who and What Do They Do, Nadia Ruffin, entomologist, gardener, and educator; founder of Agricademy Inc, Quiwi Produce, and Urban Farm Sista, Cincinnati, Ohio
3. Native Species, Hybrids, Selections and Cultivars, Uli Lorimer, Director of Horticulture at the Native Plant Trust
4. Power to the Trees, Abra Lee, University of Georgia, Extension Agent for Fulton County, owns Conquer The Soil, LLC, a brand that focuses on gardens, fashion, and culture.
5. Pollinator Ecology, Rebecca McMackin, Director of Horticulture at Brooklyn Bridge Park in Brooklyn, NY
Location online: https://www.ecolandscaping.org/event/ela-ecological-plant-conference-2020/#get-ticket