Sustainable Arlington monthly meetings are open to the public.
All are welcome.
We invite discussion of environmental and climate issues affecting Arlington and its residents.
Date: Wednesday, October 21, 2020
Time: 7:30 – 9:00 pm
Location: Virtual Meeting by Zoom
Registration required; link: https://harvard.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJMsce6pqzssGtZWckTFbGYNycwKlVeT3PAd
*Notice to the Public on meeting privacy* In the interests of preventing abuse
of videoconferencing technology (i.e. Zoom Bombing) all participants, including
members of the public, wishing to engage via the Zoom App must register for
each meeting and will notice multi-step authentication protocols. Please allow
additional time to join the meeting. Further, members of the public who wish to
participate without providing their name may still do so by telephone dial-in
information provided above.
If you have not used Zoom before, please join the meeting 5 to 10 minutes early.
At the start of the meeting, we will:
- Confirm first and last name of everyone on the call for the minutes and make sure that everyone can hear each other
- Read Preamble to Remote Meetings
- Introduce all members, staff, and persons on the agenda
- Review “ground rules” for online meetings
- Meeting materials will be available online through Novus or Town website for the public
Agenda for October 21, 2020
- Update from Planning Dept.
- Approve August and September minutes
- August minutes available here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1b99Tq76Hsuthj8oeX3jkFVOQYqRLOQT4/view?usp=sharing
- September minutes available here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dnthkQPRb8D7ZYlxiTobczFd_GJXFFIH/view?usp=sharing
- Update about local multi-town pollinator pathways project and new statewide pollinator program
- Clean Heat for Arlington Update
- We need people in precincts 6, 10, 14, 17, 18, or 20 who would be willing to reach out to their Town Meeting Members! Do you know anyone?
- Annual Town Survey: Do we want to have a section? What should we ask about? Who will analyze and write up the findings?
- Open time for discussion of new ideas
- New business
- “Gas Stoves: Health Effects, Pollution & Healthier Alternatives,” Tues., Oct. 27, 7-8:30 pm, https://arlington.ce.eleyo.com/course/100/fall-2020/gas-stoves-health-effects-pollution-healthier-alternatives
- Natural gas pollution in your home resources:
- Gas Stoves: Health and Air Quality Impacts and Solutions, https://rmi.org/insight/gas-stoves-pollution-health/
- Effects of Residential Gas Appliances on Indoor and Outdoor Air Quality and Public Health in California, https://coeh.ph.ucla.edu/effects-residential-gas-appliances-indoor-and-outdoor-air-quality-and-public-health-california
- Participate in citizen science to support pollinators. Check out The Beecology Project
- Find webinars, other online events at http://www.sustainablearlington.org/