Sustainable Arlington monthly meetings are open to the public.
All are welcome.
We invite discussion of environmental and climate issues affecting Arlington and its residents.
The August agenda will be posted here and on the Town of Arlington website calendar.
We are now meeting on Zoom.
Advance registration required:
*Notice to the Public on meeting privacy* In the interests of preventing abuse
of videoconferencing technology (i.e. Zoom Bombing) all participants, including
members of the public, wishing to engage via the Zoom App must register for
each meeting and will notice multi-step authentication protocols. Please allow
additional time to join the meeting. Further, members of the public who wish to
participate without providing their name may still do so by telephone dial-in
information provided above.
Agenda for August 26, 2020
- Peggy MacLeod, Western Mass. Pollinator Networks on supporting local pollinators
- In 2017, Peggy retired from the Center for Eco Technology in Northampton where she was an advocate for green building and clean energy. She now co-directs an all-volunteer non-profit organization, Western Mass Pollinator Networks, which collaborates with individuals, towns, and other organizations to plan and build sustainable habitat for pollinators.
- Update about local multi-town pollinator pathways project
- Update from Planning Dept.,
- Approve June and July minutes
- Minutes available here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/13Xdt6yXPoqkjd4KkOq4JGUHokzdg7ZNl?usp=sharing
- Vote on supporting Town Black Lives Matter Resolution.
- Link to Resolution: https://arlington.novusagenda.com/agendapublic/CoverSheet.aspx?ItemID=9111&MeetingID=1056
- Sustainable Arlington Survey Report (Envision Arlington 2020 survey) Discussion
- Link to report: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rthdzLycf2yNnn-NgFRWVo1J2AfVIeXX/view?usp=sharing
- Brief Clean Heat for Arlington Update
- DPU has a docket #20-80 for comments about getting off of natural gas. Search for 20-80 here to see comments and submit your own: https://eeaonline.eea.state.ma.us/DPU/Fileroom/dockets/bynumber
- New business
- Participate in citizen science to support pollinators. Check out The Beecology Project
- First MCAN Newsletter: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Acsj175KggPTpIP6SJQkOaUEEeqlAdrc/view
- “How Gas Leaks Affect Our Trees: The science, the signs, and what we can do” 5-28-2020 Webinar. Expert panel moderated by Arlington Town Manager Adam Chapdelaine. Webinar recording: .be For additional resources on gas leaks and trees from the Multitown Gas Leaks Initiative which includes Arlington, see: https://wellesleyma.gov/1522/Gas-Leaks-And-Trees.
- Find webinars, other online events at http://www.sustainablearlington.org/