Sustainable Arlington monthly meetings now online
until further notice
All are welcome to participate.
Expertise not required.
While the coronavirus is a major concern for all, climate change has not gone away. There is still plenty of work to be done locally to address climate change and its impacts. Please share your ideas, concerns, intererests, and skills.
Date: Wednesday, May 27, 2020
Time: 7:30 – 9:00 pm
Location: Virtual Meeting by Zoom
Registration required; link: https://harvard.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJ0rdeqhqjMtGdL_gZ6_IN2ACisiEqre6ciO
*Notice to the Public on meeting privacy* In the interests of preventing abuse
of videoconferencing technology (i.e. Zoom Bombing) all participants, including
members of the public, wishing to engage via the Zoom App must register for
each meeting and will notice multi-step authentication protocols. Please allow
additional time to join the meeting. Further, members of the public who wish to
participate without providing their name may still do so by telephone dial-in
information provided above.
If you have not used Zoom before, please join the meeting 5 to 10 minutes early.
At the start of the meeting, we will:
- Confirm first and last name of everyone on the call for the minutes and make sure that everyone can hear each other
- Read Preamble to Remote Meetings
- Introduce all members, staff, and persons on the agenda
- Review “ground rules” for online meetings
- Meeting materials will be available online through Novus or Town website for the public
Agenda for May 27, 2020
- Update from Planning Dept.
- Approve April minutes
- Update on Fossil Fuel Infrastructure Warrant Article (Article 13) and indoor cooking
- Report on online collaboration with True Story Theater, “Protecting Pollinators,” Saturday, May 16 and next steps for Arlington
- Sustainable Transportation Plan interactive map session: https://www.mapsonline.net/arlingtonma/sustainabletransportation_edit.html
- Legislative outreach opportunities
- Tom Starr, Future Climate Change Artist presentation. More info:
- New business
- Fill out the Arlington Sustainable Transportation Plan online survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ArlingtonSTP
- April 30, 2020: Energy Zero (EZ) Code Webinarhttps://youtu.be/9e2JpJbbhB8
- April 7, 2020: Taking Action on Climate While Physically Distancing Watch it again on ourYouTube channeland view thewebinar slides.
- Find webinars, other online events at http://www.sustainablearlington.org/