Paint the Town Green
Celebrate Arlington’s Path to a Sustainable Future
Sunday, September 23, 2018 - 3-5 p.m.
Arlington Town Hall, 730 Massachusetts Avenue, Arlington, MA
see schedule, speakers, and musicians on main page of this site
Every community has a vital role to play in fighting climate change. Join us as we celebrate Arlington’s leadership in taking action to achieve a safe, clean energy future. By highlighting how far we have already come at the local level, along with next stepsbeing planned, we hope to further inspire both our community and others.
We will be celebrating:
● Green Teams at every elementary school and our School Sustainability Coordinator who helped make possible Arlington’s 2018 Green Ribbon Schools recognition at the State and Federal levels
● First Anniversary of Arlington’s Green Municipal Aggregation program with over 500 Arlington residents opting up to receive more local renewable energy
● Progress since 2010 as a Massachusetts Green Community, including receiving grants totaling $1.6 million to improve the energy efficiency of Town operations
● Arlington’s recent admission to the Metropolitan Mayors’ Coalition and its commitment to becoming a carbon neutral community
● Solar arrays on 6 public schools and real time production tracker on Town website
● and much more
Come see the steps Arlington has taken, plans to take, or is currently working on to achieve a safe, clean, carbon-neutral, and renewable energy future.
Speakers, new AHS graduate video, live music, Q&A about local environmental initiatives and opportunities, activities & refreshments